The Medical Lead ACT is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of services. This position reports to the Medical Director for Psychiatry.
Island Health Mental Health and Substance Use currently has Assertive Community Treatment Teams operating in the communities of: Victoria, Nanaimo, Cowichan Valley, Port Alberni, and Campbell River. In 2021, additional ACT Teams will be added to Victoria, Nanaimo, Cowichan Valley, and the Comox Valley, totalling 12 teams island wide. To support the quality of care, primary care integration and adherence to provincial standards, clinical leadership in the role of Medical Lead is required.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and letter of interest to:
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff