The Medical Lead, Emergency NRGH is a co-leadership position with operational decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s Co-Leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of emergency services for, NRGH. This position reports to the Chief of Staff at NRGH.
Main responsibilities of this position:
- Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
- Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
- Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
- Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery using the electronic health records (EHR) in collaboration with the Quality Systems team.
- Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Nanaimo, population 85,000, is a growing and vibrant urban centre situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island, located approximately 100 kilometers north of Victoria and offers excellent access via commercial flights, float plane or ferry to Vancouver. The community offers a wide variety of cultural and educational opportunities including the 800 seat waterfront Port Theatre, the Vancouver Island University and is adjacent renowned private schools.
Nanaimo is the outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise, providing year round access to a wide array of recreational activities including kayaking, kite boarding, windsurfing, mountain biking, hiking, running and golfing. Nearby Mount Washington frequently boasting the deepest snow pack in North America, has excellent downhill, snowboarding and cross country skiing.
Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
Interested candidates, please attach your CV and letter of interest to:
Shannon Williams, Medical Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Active member of the Island Health Medical Staff