- Association of doctors with PMH/PCN opportunities
- Wonderful private office with windows and views
- Two private exam rooms
- Turnkey operation
- Private doctor parking
- Great staff and colleagues
- Opportunity for hospital privileges
- Busy practice
- One or two FT physicians could practice out of private space
- Private space allows two physicians working simultaneously or on job-share basis
- Patient population and EMR managed for 40 years by two physicians providing consistency of care
- EMR charting detailed with inclusion of all relevant information to practice immediately
- Great opportunities for chronic disease and complex care management
May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including:
- Recruitment Incentive: $10,000
- Relocation Costs Reimbursement: up to a maximum of $15,000
- Retention Premium: 6.93%
- Retention Flat Fee: $7,977.42
- Rural CME:
- Years 3 & 4: $2,200/annum
- After 4 years: $4,400/annum
- The practice and job share is available from 2022
Situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island the Comox Valley is comprised of the City of Courtenay, the Town of Comox, the Village of Cumberland and the idyllic rural areas from Fanny Bay in the south to Black Creek in the north and includes the islands of Hornby and Denman. The Comox Valley is one of the Island’s best-kept secrets!
Surrounded by majestic mountains, rushing rivers, lush rain forests and shimmering seas, this region is highly attractive to those seeking variety and a superb quality of life, as well as affordable housing. A great place to raise a family, we have a strong sense of community and a shared spirit of cooperation. We are one of the fastest growing areas in Canada and educational facilities range from elementary to full degree programs at the North Island College.
The valley enjoys short mild winters and warm dry summers. The Comox Valley is also host to over 50 annual festivals, and the local Sid Williams Theatre provides year-round performing arts. For great boutique shopping, go to 5th Street in Courtenay and visit the local restaurants, farmers market and vineyards for the renowned local food scene.
If you enjoy the outdoors, Mount Washington Ski resort, which has 1700 acres of terrain, is only 30 minutes outside the city. World-renowned mountain biking trails that can be ridden year-round are located in Cumberland. Furthermore, the beautiful west coast community of Tofino is only 2.5 hours away. A typical weekend in the region can include superb salmon fishing, paddle boarding at Goose Spit or on Comox Lake, a tube float down the Puntledge River, or time spent on a patio at one of the three local micro-breweries.
The physician community is welcoming and collegial with 19 full-service medical clinics, two walk-in clinics, and a military base clinic. We are currently served by the Island Health run Comox Valley Hospital, a 153-bed acute care facility.
Courtenay Medical Associates
Dr. Peter Gee
Courtenay Medical Associates
Suite 201-1350 England Avenue
Courtenay, BC V9N 8X6
Eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC